The Information We May Collect
Personal Data: The MTS-ISAC may collect and process information that could be directly or indirectly associated with you; information such as your full name, company name where applicable, phone number, email address, billing or mailing address, and other information that you share with MTS-ISAC. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our services because such information may be required in order for you to register for an account; purchase products or services; participate in a promotion, or survey; or communicate with us.
Demographic and Usage Data: Cookies and Similar Technologies
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your web browser on your hard drive. The MTS-ISAC may set and access cookies on your computer or wireless device to track and store preferential information about you. We may gather anonymous information about website users through cookie technology on an individual and aggregate level. Such information is used by our webhosting service to provide a better user experience.
Non-Personal Information: Log Files
Log Files: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the MTS-ISAC website, the hosted platform servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends out whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.) and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other similar information.
How We Use the Information We Collect & Disclosure of Your Personal Data
The MTS-ISAC may process any of your information, which in some cases includes personal data, in the following situations:
1. With your consent. We may transmit your personal data to a third party when you give us express permission to do so. For example, this may occur when we complete a transaction on your behalf or at your request.
2. To enter into or to fulfill a contract. We may use your personal data when necessary to meet a contractual obligation we owe you, including to provide you with access to your account or other products or services you have signed up for, including for events, summits, trainings and webinars. Our delivery of specific products or services may be subject to additional privacy practices.
3. For a legitimate interest. We may use your personal data where processing will be necessary to achieve the MTS-ISAC’s business objectives or to facilitate a benefit to you or someone else. Where we want to rely on legitimate interests as a legal basis to process personal data of individuals from the European Economic Area, we will carry out a balancing test between our legitimate interests and your privacy rights.
4. With our authorized service providers. The MTS-ISAC may share your personal data with our authorized service providers in the United States that perform certain services and process personal data on our behalf, including for IT and system administration services. These services may also include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting the MTS-ISAC website functionality, delivering summits/trainings/webinars, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. In addition, we may share your personal data with professional advisers, acting as processors or joint controllers, including lawyers, auditors and insurers. These service providers may have access to personal data needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
5. In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business; a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale; or in the event of bankruptcy. If another company acquires the MTS-ISAC, that company will take on all responsibility for the information we collect, including personal data, and it will assume all rights and obligations with respect to that information. Should this happen, the acquiring company may implement its own policies with respect to your information.
6. If we are required to disclose information by law. The MTS-ISAC may be obligated to disclose a website user’s personal information, if directed by a court of law or other governmental entity. Without limiting the foregoing, we reserve the right to disclose such information where we have a good faith basis to believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies’ requests; (b) protect and defend the MTS-ISAC’s or third party’s rights and property, or safety of the MTS-ISAC, our website users, our employees, or others; (c) prevent, detect, investigate and take measures against criminal activity, fraud and misuse or unauthorized use of our services and/or to enforce other agreements or policies; and/or (d) protect your personal safety or property or that of the public. In the event that your information is disclosed, we will comply with the law and make commercially reasonable efforts to notify you.
We will save your personal data in accordance with our data retention policy and, generally, only as necessary to allow you access to the MTS-ISAC website and for us to then maintain any information for our necessity to meet our contractual obligations to you or for our legitimate interests, including for statute of limitation purposes.
Access to Your Information and Other Rights (EEA Individuals Only)
If you are an individual located in the European Economic Area, you are entitled to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and information about the processing thereof. Unless your request is unreasonably repetitive or otherwise unduly burdensome, we will provide this data to you free of charge. Please note that in order to be able to answer your request, we will need to be able to establish your identity in a manner that is reasonable under the circumstances.
If you believe that any personal data we are processing is inaccurate please send an email with your specific request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to make any corrections deemed necessary. We may need to verify the accuracy of new data and we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
You have the right to request that the MTS-ISAC restricts the processing of your personal data under certain conditions, for example, if you contest the accuracy of the personal data, the processing may be restricted for a period enabling the MTS-ISAC to verify the accuracy of the personal data or if the MTS-ISAC no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing but you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
You have the right to have your personal data deleted without undue delay and the MTS-ISAC is obliged to delete your personal data without undue delay if, for example the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise processed. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see above), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, including for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
If you provide your email address to the MTS-ISAC, you will always have the opportunity to opt out. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a credit card processing partner) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the MTS-ISAC’s processing of your personal data if the processing is based on legitimate interests. If you object to such processing, the MTS-ISAC will no longer be entitled to process your personal data based on such legal basis, unless the MTS-ISAC can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides your interests, rights and freedom or if it is conducted for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
You have, under certain conditions, the right to receive the personal data concerning you and which you have provided to the MTS-ISAC, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit such personal data to another data controller without the MTS-ISAC trying to prevent this, where the MTS-ISAC’s processing of your personal data is based on a contract or consent and the processing is carried out by automated means. In such case you have the right to request that the personal data shall be transmitted from the MTS-ISAC directly to another data controller, where technically feasible.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent, if applicable. If you withdraw your consent, please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal and that the MTS-ISAC may, under certain circumstances, have another legal ground for the processing and therefore may be entitled to continue the processing.
If you would like to exercise your rights, you may contact us at email@example.com. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data you may lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, for example in the country of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the General Data Protection or other applicable data privacy laws.
Securing Your Information
The MTS-ISAC takes a range of security measures designed to protect your personal data and keep it confidential (unless it is non-confidential by nature) and free from any unauthorized alteration.
Third Parties and Other Information Collectors
Users Outside of the United States
The website services are hosted by a third party. If you are using the services outside the United States, please be aware that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed where the third party hosts MTS-ISAC’s servers and databases. By using the Sites, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence.
Transfer of personal information to countries outside the EEA (EEA Individuals Only)
The MTS-ISAC is established in Delaware, USA. If you are located in the EEA, your personal data is therefore processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
No Rights of Third Parties